Probate and Wills
The loss of a loved one is never easy. And the steps to divide their assets can be overwhelming. In the state of South Carolina, an Estate with the Probate Court has to be opened for every individual upon their death.
Harmon and Felts, PA is ready to help you through the Probate process, from start to finish. From the division of personal assets, deeding real property, and transferring titles to the accounting and division of money.
Important Documents to Leave for your Loved Ones:
- Last Will and Testament. This document should be dated, witnessed, and notarized to ensure authentication.
- Durable Power of Attorney
- Healthcare Power of Attorney
- List of Personal/ Household assets and to whom/ where they should go
- List of all financial accounts
- Deeds and titles to real property and motor vehicles
- Life Insurance policies
- List of all monthly payments with login and password information
Need help preparing your Will?
Harmon and Felts, PA, can walk you through the process of having a detailed Will to ensure your assets will be distributed according to your wishes. The Harmon and Felts team meets with our clients to discover their wishes and guides them through the signing processes.